Crop Hail Coverage
Crop Hail Coverage can complement your Multiple Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) for additional protection against:
- Hail, fire and lightning damage
- Fire department service charges
- Crops damaged while in transit
- Crops damaged while in storage
Since there are multiple Crop Hail options and insurance companies to choose from, your AgriFinance Insurance specialist will help you choose the right coverage to meet your overall risk management needs, including:
- Standard Crop Hail Plan provides acre-by-acre protection against physical damage to crops from hail or other covered peril. Standard Crop Hail plans can be used to cover up to the full value of a crop.
- Companion Crop Hail Plan can be used to protect the portion of your crop against physical damage not covered by your MPCI policy. Companion Crop Hail plans are written with MPCI policies to avoid duplicate coverage.
- Production Crop Hail Plan pays only for actual production losses due to hail or other covered peril, so it’s less expensive and can be used in conjunction with MPCI. The producer may be indemnified up to 100% of the value for the lost or damaged crop.
Contact Rabo AgriFinance Insurance for more information and a free risk analysis.