How We Protect You
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We take strong measures both online and offline to ensure the highest level of protection. Remember, keeping your account and personal information secure is a two-way effort though, involving both bank security measures and safe customer practices. Learn how to protect yourself by reading our Security Tips.
Rabobank utilizes many advanced security measures to protect you while you are banking online. Below are just a few of the measures we use:
- Web Site Encryption - We have enhanced our Web site security with encryption. The https in front of www.rabobankamerica.com in the address bar of your browser indicates that your web browser has entered a secure session and any information sent between your computer and the bank is encrypted.
- Unique login IDs and passwords - You select your own login ID and password.
- Intelligent Authentication - Used in personal online banking to identify you by checking the computer(s) that you are using to access our Web site. If it doesn't match, additional authentication measures are presented to you.
- Rabo SecureConnect - Used in Commercial Online Banking. It requires two factors to identify you, something you know (user ID and password) and something you have (a security token).
- Firewalls - Blocks unauthorized access to the Rabobank computer system, where your information is kept.
- 128-bit Encryption - Scrambles information being transmitted between Rabobank and online banking into a code that is virtually impossible for outsiders to decipher.
- Monitoring - We monitor for unusual activity on your accounts. However, this is not fool-proof and does not take the place of you regularly monitoring your accounts.
For more information about online banking security, please click on one of the links below.
Personal Online Banking >
Business Online Banking >
Commercial Online Banking >
We protect our computer system with backup files, virus detection software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware. By taking these measures to protect the integrity of our computer system, we are also helping ensure the safety of your personal information.
Limited employee access
Access to account information is restricted to only those employees who are required to have access to it in order to assist you or complete bank related tasks. Rabobank employees are required to keep customer information confidential, and are subject to disciplinary action or termination if they fail to do so.
Strict policies and procedures are used at all Rabobank locations to protect the physical security of you, our staff and any sensitive information. These procedures are regularly reviewed and updated to account for changing threats and ensure compliance with federal laws.