Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Are you looking for a rewarding career with high earning potential? If the answer is yes, Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for you as a Mortgage Loan Originator! We have an immediate need for a Mortgage Loan Originator in Santa Cruz.
The Mortgage Loan Originator develops referral sources to generate new mortgage lending business for the bank, including conventional and portfolio residential mortgage loans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains relationships with referral sources such as realtors and builders/contractors to increase mortgage lending activities
- Develops and maintains internal relationships to create cross-sell opportunities by leveraging the mortgage transaction
- Calls on prospective customers and explain loan products and services
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Works with underwriting to ensure all questions are answered and/or to resolve mortgage related problems
- Submits loan package to underwriting and coordinates necessary activities for obtaining approval
Mortgage Loan Originators are expected to adhere to Bank policies and procedures designed to comply with the S.A.F.E. Act regulations. In addition, Mortgage Loan Originators must register under the S.A.F.E. Act and ensure their registration is kept current while acting as an originator of home secured loan (home equity loans and lines of credit)
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 3 years of prior mortgage lending experience
- Must have current knowledge of residential mortgage lending policies, practices and applicable banking/government regulations
- Valid Driver’s License required or available transportation
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.