Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Platform System Engineer located in Santa Maria, CA! The Platform System Engineer is responsible for the installation, performance, efficiency, and operation of all compute systems in the US Regional Data Centers, as well as storage and back up technologies, disaster recovery strategies, and technologies that support disaster recovery of products and services.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Ability to quickly identify cause of technical problems and provide resolution.
- This position provides technical deliverables related to the implementation of the application and application enhancements and liaison with Developers, Application Support, Infrastructure and Security.
- This position has responsibility to assess, make analytical decisions, and develop implementation/upgrade roadmap for the specific technology functional domain, in accordance with global, regional, and local initiatives.
- Must have the ability to quickly identify cause of technical problems and provide resolution. Expert in identified technical domain, providing a point of escalation to the IT Service Desk as well as other System Administrators.
- Assist with the evaluation, selection, and development of platform services.
- Provide technical leadership at all times.
- Liaise with Data Center providers and Global Operations to develop and maintain automation, monitoring, and processes to assure operational uptime and efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow procedures and documentation in problem resolution.
- Develop clear and concise documentation for end users, support teams, and management.
- Rotational on-call responsibility.
- Demonstrates ability to grasp and use new technology concepts.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Ability to work in a “team” environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology Operations or Engineering.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (2010/2013).
- Experience working in a regulated or secure Data Center environment.
- MCSE or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of current Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of x86 Server Architecture and hardware components (HP, Dell).
- Advanced knowledge and experience of virtualization platforms (Hyper-V, VM Ware).
- Experience managing hardware vendors for items such as Server Maintenance, Storage Solutions, Tape Library Issues, SharePoint Issues, etc.
- Familiarity with storage technologies and Microsoft Windows clustering with SAN storage.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles, Citrix Xenapp, Linux commands, SAN and NAS storage systems, replication and backup tools (i.e. Symantec Backup Exec, Double-Take), shell scripting, and security features desirable.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits, and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.