Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a In-House Counsel position in our Roseville Executive Offices! The Counsel position is responsible for handling day-to-day legal matters in assigned area(s). Attorney responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides day-to-day legal advice to management and business units.
- Provides support to one or more banking units with minimal supervision. Works directly with all levels of management. May manage relationships with outside counsel. Expected to confer with supervising attorney on more complex matters.
- Demonstrates skill in consumer financial protection laws, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), commercial lending, deposit products and services, privacy, labor and employment law, bank operations or other specific areas of banking law.
- Works on moderate to more complex issues. Works independently on caseload and issues as assigned. Assigned cases may require research to determine appropriate course of action. Consults with more senior attorney on more complex issues.
- Assists with implementation of the bank-wide compliance function;
- Supports commercial or consumer lending, retail branches, problem loan group, bank operations, human resources, or other business area(s) as assigned.
- Trains bank staff in legal-related subject matter.
- Maintaining skill level by attending appropriate professional seminars and training opportunities.
- May manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Provides “backup” for other attorneys as needed.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- JD with minimum 5 years legal experience or equivalent related experience in an appropriate subject matter area in a retail banking or financial services environment.
- Banking or consumer financial services law, with significant experience in deposit related issues preferred.
- Experience required in topical issues of particular legal concern within the financial services industry
- Experience either in-house in a financial institution or financial services company or as principal outside counsel to one or more banks preferred.
- Member of California Bar or qualified to register as Registered In-house Counsel in CA.
- Must function well in a situation with ambiguous or ill-defined goals, issues, and methods.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and other typical productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint) required.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank's needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism, and team skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion, and good judgment.
- Ability to travel between headquarters and other bank locations - less than 25% of the time.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.