Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a temporary Technical Writer located in our Santa Maria Operations Center! This position is responsible for providing business units with co-ordination, technical writing assistance and control over the review, writing, revision, and republication of all policies, procedures & forms to ensure all items are current and contain accurate information.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Assist selected business units to develop, maintain and implement strategies for the prioritization, review & update of existing policies, procedures & forms.
- Provide technical writing expertise to Subject Matter Experts, assist business units with the review & update of the policies, procedures across RNA within agreed timeframes.
- Develops new and makes changes or revisions to existing policies and procedures, flow charts, help guides and forms according to established standards and documentation structure. Attend document creator training as required in the principles of document creation and technical writing.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of publication.
- Ensure that documentation conforms to the bank’s policy and procedure format and methodology prior to submission for publishing apply quality control.
- Interact with relevant departments to ensure that policy/procedure documents have stakeholder input and approval and meet the requirements of the bank’s Policy & Procedure Framework.
- Assist in the communication process re documentation updates to the bank’s internal audience groups (i.e. branch and operational staff).
- Arrange the loading of new documents into the relevant folder structure, monitor the document standards and ensure that new documents conform to agreed standards (i.e. apply quality control to document creators as required in the principles of document creation and technical writing).
- Assist in the documentation of continuous improvement programs initiated by stakeholders to reduce department costs, improve department processes and add value to the organization’s products.
- Ensures accuracy of written documentation: a) Proof reads and edits documents for correct use of grammar, spelling, punctuation; b) ensures that the Bank’s standard format is being used.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum 8 years experience in technical writing and project management preferably in a similar corporate banking or financial services environment.
- Knowledge and experience of large company enterprise wide operations is highly desirable.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.