Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Mortgage Market Manager for the Southern California retail division! The targeted region is the central coast of California from San Luis Obispo to Ventura.
The Mortgage Market Manager develops strategic growth plans for the Mortgage Banking sales organization within an assigned geographic territory to meet Division production, growth and profitability goals. Directly manages Mortgage Loan Representatives, coaches to performance objectives, defines go to market strategies, and assists in defining market and referral opportunities. Promotes strategic partnerships with Retail Branches, Middle Market, Real Estate Industries Group and Food & Agriculture.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Directs the mortgage banking activities within assigned geography to meet production objectives. Leads their production team in development and execution of business plan, market strategies, and activity levels in all areas as noted below.
- Guides Mortgage Loan Representative’s efforts to develop external referral sources and develop new client relationships with the expectation of capturing increased wallet share for Rabobank.
- Coaches and supports Mortgage Loan Representatives in developing a network off external and internal referral sources.
- Participates in joint business calls and Realtor office meetings/presentations. Assists with pre-call planning, and post-call review and debrief.
- Coaches team to effectively interview credit applicants, and obtain sufficient information concerning the applicant’s qualifying income, assets and other critical criteria required to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk to the Bank.
- Reviews pipeline milestones to ensure timely file submission and resolution of requests for file documentation from Mortgage Loan Representatives so that customer expectations relative to loan closing are met or exceeded.
- Coaches staff to promote other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships.
- Assists with the structuring of loans by his/her team to ensure that maximum profitability and productivity are achieved without impairing the quality of loans or the level of customer service.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, assesses customer’s eligibility and suitability for certain products and negotiates acceptable product solutions utilizing product specialists as needed.
- Inspects the preparation of credit applications, and works closely with production teams and other support personnel to assure a high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval.
- Supports recommendations for approval based on reliable information and thorough analysis, and provides support to Mortgage Loan Representatives during file discussions with Underwriters and through the Loan Arbitration process.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other business units in order to meet client needs by providing additional services. Brings in other business partners or refers to other units as appropriate.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and 10+ years of related mortgage lending and business development experience; or High School Diploma with 15+ years related mortgage lending and business development experience or Significant supervisory experience in managing and coaching banking teams in meeting division objectives required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, thorough understanding of FNMA Underwriting Guidelines and practices.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow.
- High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( 25% to 50%)
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.