Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a temporary Banking Services Representative located in our Napa Branch! The Banking Services Representative will ensure the customer's needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfills the customer's immediate and future financial needs resulting in outcomes that define a great customer service experience. The Banking Services Representative is accountable for delivering clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how and does this both at the service window, as well as through needs assessment and sales. In addition, the position opens accounts, handles teller transactions, sells/cross-sells bank products and services, and resolves customer service issues. The Banking Services Representative refers customers to other areas of the Bank as appropriate.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Personalizes each customer interaction while processing banking transactions, including cash balancing
- Supports all other teller functions in addition to handling compliance or audit operations and regulatory issues
- Uses knowledge of Bank products/services and effective skills to identify and make sales referrals to meet customer needs
- Fully participates in building a collaborative sales oriented environment, generating enthusiasm for all campaigns
- Knowledgeable and skilled in all duties associated with new accounts, safe deposit boxes, ATM, drive-up, vault, merchant services, and cash handling
- Opens accounts, performs maintenance functions and other operational support tasks as required
- Maintains focus on retaining or building customer relationships
- Exhibits strong cross-sell and referral skills; knowledgeable regarding all bank products
- Has proficient knowledge of company policies, procedures, and banking regulations; 100% adherence to branches internal policies and procedures to ensure 100% pass rates of internal audits
- Supports the branch by moving from assignment to assignment based on business needs of the office
- Ability to work a schedule that includes working weekends or holidays, may be asked to support multiple branches as needed
- Provides transactional support to Operations Area (Tellers) as well as dual control functionality as applicable
- Opens deposit accounts, inputs loan applications, and navigates the loan process
- Opens all types of personal and business accounts and prepares related documentation
- Analyzes customer financial, credit data and other relevant information to evaluate level of risk as well as present viable financial alternatives and advice to customers
- Assists customers with requests, complaints, research, and follow-ups on details to resolve matters to the customer's satisfaction
- Delivers clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how.
- Assists with reception and vault/merchant attendant duties
- Interfaces with customers via telephone, in person, or other electronic means of communications
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required with minimum of 3 years experience in new accounts/ retail sales including a minimum of 2 years of Teller cash handling experience required
- Advanced knowledge of regulations surrounding both operational transactions and new accounts required
- Must be fully knowledgeable, cross trained, and proficient in all aspects of retail branch operations, new accounts, and retail lending products
- Proven ability to meet sales goals, Previous experience calling on and assessing customer needs
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet
- Familiar with bank specific systems, such as Teller Insight, Tableau, Baker Hill, Harland, Core-Trac, IBS/Metavante, Synergy, FIS, & Doc-imaging, or similar type systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills to represent the Bank to customers and the community in a positive and professional manner
- Provides an outstanding customer experience and professional resolution of problems
- Professional in appearance and in verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage others, as well as capability to provide performance coaching and effective employee goal setting
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Requires great attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures in the work environment
- Must have the ability to make critical decisions with excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines, reporting requirements, and training responsibilities
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information
- The position requires constant use of tact, discretion, and good judgment
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits, and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.