Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Manager located in Visalia, CA! The Portfolio Manager is responsible to service new and existing Ag business in the market segment assigned, and for portfolio and risk management coordination with different areas within the bank. Cross-sells corporate financial products, including cash management and treasury management services with profitability objectives. Works independently and in partnership with Financial Analysts and Loan Process Coordinators and oversees underwriting and structuring of loans and/or CRA related investments. Although supported by Analysts, this position is ultimately responsible for credit quality, and proper loan and/or investment structure and portfolio management. This position is focused on our Agribusiness Customers in the Tulare/Kings area and the incumbent must understand credit needs of the client, and be able to recommend proper credit structure to meet client’s financial needs. Primary purpose of this position is to manage Agribusiness client relationships. This position will not have production targets.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Manages existing loans, and or CRA related investments to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval and Rabobank, N.A.’s credit policy, and/or CRA investment policy.
- Follows existing loans, and/or CRA related investments to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval.
- Manages delinquencies at an acceptable level.
- Effectively represents the Bank while calling on existing customers to expand client relationships.
- Interviews applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Bank loans, and/or CRA related investments.
- Makes credit solution recommendations.
- Understanding quality of the credit portfolio and credit underwriting.
- Timely recognition and reporting of potential credit issues.
- Ensure the credit has accurate risk grading.
- Works closely with credit administrators, Financial Analysts, Loan Process Coordinators and other staff to assure high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval.
- Completes, reviews, and approves annual loan reviews completed by analysts, and ensures reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Initiates promotion of other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships.
- Develops close working relationship with other divisional partners such as Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Trust Services, Global Financial Markets and Treasury Services.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, assesses customer’s eligibility and suitability for certain products and negotiates acceptable product solutions utilizing product specialists as needed.
- Gives financial and counsel to clients and prospective clients on RNA products.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Commercial Real Estate related field preferred plus 3 years of lending experience, or High School Diploma with a minimum of 9 years progressively responsible experience in area of specialty (i.e. Commercial Real Estate lending, Agricultural finance as applicable).
- Must be able to negotiate, structure and underwrite loans; make solid credit recommendations; and manage credit risks.
- Must have community involvements and established banking relationships.
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills..
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess full knowledge of retail banking services.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines, reporting requirements and training responsibilities.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer locations and/or commute for training purposes.
- Must be able to negotiate, structure and underwrite loans, and/or CRA related investments; make solid credit recommendations; and manage credit risk.
- Valid Driver’s License required or available transportation.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.