Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Customer Service Representative located in Arroyo Grande, CA! The Customer Service Representative performs teller transactions in compliance with regulatory and bank policies and procedures and adherence to bank security policies and confidentiality of bank records and customer information. Identifies and makes sales referrals, recommends alternate channels, cross-sells bank services and products, provides excellent customer service. Duties may include safe deposit, merchant/vault, ATM processing, bonds and coupons, foreign currency and night drop. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Performs routine office and customer services duties; greets customers, accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; disburses funds through checking and savings withdrawals or cashing checks; posts transactions, and handles other client transactions as requested.
- Solicits new business for the bank by identifying and responding appropriately to clues from customers for financial needs, linking the benefits to the customer needs. Understanding of bank products and services.
- Explains terms, fees, and other matters pertaining to the bank’s products and services to the customer.
- Cashes checks for customers and non-customers under current check cashing policy, and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Gathers data and processes various reports and forms (e.g. currency transaction, Reg. CC, holds, overdrafts, etc.) to insure compliance with bank policies, procedures, Bank secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and regulatory compliance programs.
- Has basic knowledge of bank products and services in order to make quality referrals. Refers customers to experienced sales staff to sell products and services. Cross-sells banking services, (such as Traveler’s Checks, Savings Bonds, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, Safe Deposit Boxes) and explains various types of accounts and certificates, interest, and compounding rates.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Participates in branch and bank sales campaigns.
- Assists in answering telephone or waiting on customers for operations, new accounts, and lobby as necessary.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year prior customer service, banking / retail sales, and cash handling.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to represent the Bank to customers and to the public.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information.
- Professional in appearance and in verbal communication.
- Math aptitude – requires the ability to count cash/coin.
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes working evening, weekends, and some holidays.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.