Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer located in Santa Maria, CA! The Compliance Officer is responsible for the implementation, oversight and ongoing support of the Bank’s Compliance Program for all subject matters under the purview of the Corporate Compliance Division (excluding BSA). The Compliance Officer function within Compliance Policy & Support includes performing risk assessments, maintaining policy and procedures, assisting in the implementation of corrective actions, and providing staff training/guidance, as appropriate. Individual will provide ongoing support to all Bank departments, business units and functions.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements a risk-based Compliance approach for assigned area of expertise. Responsible for ongoing oversight of area of expertise to ensure the overall compliance program is fully implemented, comprehensive, and meets regulatory expectations.
- Researches and responds to questions, relative to area of expertise, from Bank staff/business units.
- Performs an annual risk assessment for product & services within assigned areas of expertise.
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to policy, procedure, forms, disclosures, and documents as needed.
- Works with the business unit in the implementation of regulatory reform/rule change initiatives impacting the wealth/treasury management business.
- Works with business risk and business/product management to establish and maintain a solid compliance control and risk assessment framework.
- Reviews new products, marketing materials and other forms of communications for regulatory compliance and adherence to Bank standards.
- Identify/investigate activity that can be indicative of compliance problems and communicate/escalate as necessary, including recommending practical solutions to compliance.
- Works closely with other control groups such as legal, risk management, and audit and business supervisory functions to ensure coverage is comprehensive and consistent and that issues are appropriately addressed on a timely basis.
- Works with the Compliance Testing and Assurance team and Internal Audit to identify emerging risk areas and recommending ad hoc testing as necessary.
- Regulatory reviews applicable state/federal laws and regulatory compliance issues through reading and researching applicable publications, news service articles, the Bank’s resource library, and external training.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience or Bachelor's degree with minimum of 2 years working for a banking regulator (such as the OCC, FDIC, Federal Reserve..etc) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry Certification in compliance (CRCM, CFTA, CCTS or CSOP) preferred, with requirement of completion within 2 years if not currently certified.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism and team skills.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess full knowledge of retail, commercial and trust banking services.
- Ability to make administrative decisions.
- Demonstrates with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines, reporting requirements and training responsibilities.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information.
- Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to travel throughout the bank's footprint less than 25%.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.