Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an SBA Business Banking Officer in Salinas, CA! The SBA Business Banking Officer provides a full range of banking services to businesses; companies with annual sales of up to $20MM; and loan requests up to $3MM; with emphasis on client contact, sales, and service, taking into account the bank’s interests in acquiring new or handling existing customers, acceptable from a risk/return point of view.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients, bringing in new relationships, and expanding current / existing portfolio. Risk management is a significant part of the portfolio management
- Responsible for structuring SBA loan proposals and preparing credit packages
- Develops prospects from self-sourced leads and may include existing customers, referral leads, bank partners and other sources
- Managing the portfolio from a balanced perspective on sales, efficiency and risk
- Contacts prospective customers to present information on banking services such as deposit accounts, lending, cash management and investment services
- Determines prospects/customers' financial needs, and present solutions to sell bank services. Is responsible for timely and adequate preparation of annual reviews and recommendation to the appropriate decision making bodies within the bank
- Frequent contact with customer to ascertain additional financial needs, to ensure service satisfaction and to obtain referrals
- Prospect and acquire new business and consumer clients in accordance with bank’s profit objectives
- Performs such functions as outbound prospecting calls, conducting prospect/customer interviews, facilitating credit requests from application to boarding, opening depository accounts, referring prospects to other business units and cross-selling other bank services
- Active involvement in local civic and non-profit organizations to promote goodwill, bank’s commitment to the communities it serves and to support bank’s CRA objectives
- Contacts customers and businesses, community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business
- Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects
The successful candidate will posses the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or High School Diploma with minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in SBA small business lending
- Must be able to structure and underwrite SBA 504 and SBA 7a loans; make solid credit decisions; and manage credit risk. Specific expertise in SBA credit decisions and understanding of credit risk thresholds, and manage credit risk
- Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally. Makes clear, concise presentations and demonstrates effective listening skills. Conveys necessary ideas and information to others
- Must possess thorough knowledge of bank services and trained in referring customers to the appropriate department for handling customer's specialized needs such as mortgage, all credit requests in excess of $ 1 million, and cash management services. Must be able to manage daily activities in accordance with achieving assigned annual goals
- Must possess the ability to train and mentor others effectively. Effective use of consultative selling to acquire and manage new banking relationships
- Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
- Bank specific systems: Tableau, Baker Hill, Harland, Core-Trac, Metavante, Synergy, FIS, & Doc-imaging, or similar type systems
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits, and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.