Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a temporary Applications Manager located in Santa Maria, CA! The Applications Manager is responsible for implementation, maintenance, and support of assigned applications to ensure that the Bank’s business and operating needs are met. Incumbent is required to be knowledgeable on all assigned systems, providing support to business units in resolving issues and carrying out business goals. This position is accountable for applying and integrating strong banking and technical systems expertise to minimize disruption to Bank processes. Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Consults with business partners on system requirements, based on defined business requirements
- In coordination with supervisor, beyond meeting functional business requirements, ensures contracts, work orders and application development meets non-functional requirements, including availability, capacity, scalability, usability, business resumption, performance, reliability, and alignment with IT best practices
- Performs assigned tasks as part of project teams
- Identifies needs and evaluates appropriate technical solutions through effective analysis and technical knowledge
- Develops test scripts and perform QA and functional testing
- Actively seeks to improve assigned applications, and automate and streamline processes
- Manages processes and functionality of assigned applications to meet internal service level agreements
- Investigates application deficiencies and makes needed improvements
- Under supervision, solves complex problems with high quality and in a timely manner using technical expertise and application knowledge
- Provides general application support on assigned systems
- Ensures system stability and accessibility
- Monitors performance and makes recommendations to supervisor for upgrades and enhancements
- Performs application configuration, creates and runs reports
- Manages the day-to-day processes of assigned applications
- Recognizes system deficiencies and consults supervisor on potential solutions
- Develops necessary application documentation for workflows, system interfaces and knowledge bases for assigned applications
- Reports tracking of metrics and service levels
- Develops appropriate disaster recovery plans and tests applications periodically
- Plan and perform Life Cycle Management (upgrades and patches)
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance or Information Technology (or similar) and 1 – 5 years experience, which includes both banking and IT application implementation and support or other relevant experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in the use of SharePoint 2013 required
- Demonstrated work experience with more than one program, application or database management system
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of application design and development, web technology, application configuration, batch and real time system interfaces, programming, networking, server, and database concepts
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of banking application concepts and consistently applies this knowledge in the performance of assigned duties
- Specific technological skills and experience may be required to support certain systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project)
- Ability to analyze and create reports with common reporting tools
- Ability to use analytical and problem solving skills in the resolution of technical challenges
- Able to make and support sound decisions
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining, and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits, and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application and/or submit your resume.