Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst located in either Arroyo Grande or Roseville, CA! The Financial Analyst is responsible for underwriting and risk analysis of credit requests within assigned business line. Performs independent, objective, and detailed financial and collateral analysis of credit requests. In collaboration with relationship manager, responsible for structuring transactions, developing credit recommendations, and loan portfolio monitoring including covenant compliance. Independently classifies loan performance and recommends risk rating. Completes credit applications as assigned. Performs annual reviews as required on all credit relationships. Notes significant trends and recommends policy changes if necessary. Collaborates with stakeholders on credit related matters to ensure expeditious processing and improve client experience. Within designated business lines and according to established policies and procedures, senior levels may be granted lending authority as assigned.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Conducts detailed, independent financial and collateral analysis on credit requests. Evaluates business plans, projections, operating records, and financial statements. Evaluates all types of collateral in relation to feasibility of transaction, market/industry conditions and loan structure. Supports conclusions based on factual data. Effectively communicates information and analytical results to stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the relationship manager identify risks/mitigants of loan structure and participates in discussions with credit risk as required.
- Identifies risks associated with each loan and mitigations to risks. Generates and recommends risk ratings.
- Interprets and applies Bank policies, governmental regulations, and accounting theory.
- Prepares reports and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Performs industry research in various market areas to support transaction.
- Participates on client calls and/or client relationships with relationship managers as assigned.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Adept at utilizing financial software programs and other databases integral to compiling financial and collateral analysis spreads.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate tactfully and listen attentively to the customer.
- Possess good human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( less than 25%).
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.