Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobile banking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager located in our Santa Maria Operations Center! The Operations Manager manages a medium to large operation with multiple units and/or multiple sites, taking a leadership role in the group, area, or function. Typically manages subordinate managers or teams. Receives general instructions regarding the scope of assignments but has flexibility in determining the priority and ordering of assignments. Judgment is exercised in interpreting practices and procedures and resolving most work problems. Plans, directs, organizes and controls activities of the Operations Team in order to maintain appropriate levels of customer service, and operational efficiency while meeting all regulatory requirements. Established and maintains relationships with lines of business (LOBs) across all areas of the Bank to be kept informed of any activities that could impact bank operations and ensure agreed upon service levels are being met. Provides Bank Operations Executive and Senior Management information and analysis of overall production and incident activities on a monthly basis. Understands how the department is performing by monitoring the business activity of all units under the bank Operations umbrella.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Directly supervises employees while overseeing assigned function(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Sets and communicates clear goals while driving for results and creating a high-performing workforce.
- Works independently on complex issues and projects.
- Ensures new procedures, and/or other changes are proposed and implemented to improve bank-wide customer service levels.
- Ensures transaction processing is in compliance with related federal and state regulations.
- Conducts regular staff and training meetings.
- Organize and complete work accurately and in accordance with established measures/deadlines and assigned goals.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years experience supervising functional area of banking operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of functional area of products, services, operational policies and procedures, and compliance regulations.
- The ability to effectively resolve moderately complex issues as they arise.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of and ability to work and lead in an Agile work environment.
- Must have solid leadership, influencing, and presentation skills, and the abilitt o connect with employees at all levels.
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to comprehend and interpret policies and procedures.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( less than 25%).
- Must be flexible and willing to work non-traditional and/or additional hours at short notice due to critical needs and/or global communication requirements.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application.