Rabo AgriFinance is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $800 billion in assets and operations in 35 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business.
Rabo AgriFinance’s focus in the United States compliments Rabobank’s commitment to financing agriculture; from the farmers and ranchers who grow crops and livestock, to the processors and manufacturers who turn raw commodities into value-added products, to the distributors and retailers who deliver food and material to the end consumer.
We’re equally dedicated to our employees and continue to invest in them by developing legitimate plans for ongoing growth, creating a culture of accountability, providing outstanding benefits, and offering clear and achievable career paths.
The Senior Relationship Analyst position is a primary support role for the Relationship Manager and large complex customers with $10M+ relationships with Rabo AgriFinance.
- Primary person responsible for analyzes of customers credit and operating risks, recommends to RM structure of credit products to compensate for identified potential risk; financial/operational modelling for existing and prospective clients, and loan documentation and negotiation thereof as directed by RM and/or RVP. Assist with credit applications for operating and structural risks. Responsibilities include assessing current and historical financial statements and cash flows, reviewing tax returns, financial trend analysis, conduct profitability assessments and establishing appropriate loan covenants. Ability to spread RAF approved software programs is required.
- Review appraisals and collateral valuations to prepare collateral analysis and risk assessment.
- Accompany RM when requested on customer farm evaluations/visits to assist in assessing risks and gain a better understanding of the customer business practices thus improving RAF’s credit risk evaluations.
- Assists RM in managing the loan for each process segment from application through credit approval and achieve the established service level agreement timelines.
- Responsibilities include conducting loan monitoring activities which may consist of client farm inspections, collateral monitoring, repayment and extensions of loans, reviewing appraisals, preparing annual reviews and Loan Strategy Reports and other tasks associated.
- Monitor loan compliance including covenant compliance, delinquencies, tax search reports and other compliance actions Assists in the analysis and preparation of annual reviews. Interact with RM, RVP, loan support , credit department and client to ensure compliance.
- Assist RM in negotiation of loan terms with customers when servicing action arise and support the RM in all aspects of maintaining their portfolio.
- Reviews servicing actions (partial releases, modifications, assumptions, etc) and performs analysis work to support recommendation to approving authority. May require client contact and/or travel to client’s business.
- Annually complete a post mortem analysis on any recommended loan that went to SAM. Present analysis to RM and Team Leader.
- Primary liaison with Credit Department, Credit Committee and others to support loan approval and servicing processes. Represent the RM and RVP in the approval of credit applications by Credit Department.
- Assist RM in maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) documentation on prospects, inquiries, direct mail contacts, referrals and clients to assist the RM in prospecting new clients and retaining current clients.
- Stays up-to-date on agricultural industry, including monitoring market intelligence.
- Maintains complete familiarity with RAF’s loan products and credit policies and procedures. Must understand and stay current on RAF lending and loan servicing policies. Training on RAF systems and programs is required and must be kept current.
- Assist RM in preparing an annual target plan of new services for each customer and present potential target products/services consistently to customer.
- Familiarity with crop insurance and banking product is also important.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
- BS Degree + in ag-related study, Business Administration, Finance or Marketing and 5+ years agricultural lending and/or banking relationship management experience. Commercial or consumer loan processing and documentation, and/or legal experience helpful.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Excel required. Other IS skills and report writing a plus.
- Must possess good human relations and communication skills and ability to exercise good judgment. Needs to be able to work well under time constraints.
- Have knowledge of diversified production agriculture and livestock enterprises. Experienced in financial analysis and have an understanding of complex loan structures.
- Experienced in loan documentation including the perfection of liens primarily on crops, livestock, inventory, machinery, real property, and real estate in assigned territory.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
Health care spending account
Dependent care spending account
Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
Optional life insurance
Health and wellness seminars
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Please apply via the website by clicking the "Apply now" button.