Stay up to date on job postings, events and happenings.
TCF Metals and Minerals Relationship Manager
Rabobank is a global financial services leader and the premier bank to the food and agriculture industry around the world. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the Rabobank Group is a cooperative organization with over 600 billion Euros (over USD $850 billion), and 60,000 employees serving nine million customers across 40 countries. Additionally, Rabobank ranks as one of the largest banks in the world, and is the highest rated private bank in the world by Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s Investors Service.
Rabobank was founded as a rural credit cooperative by Dutch farmers in the 1890s. A century later, we retain both our cooperative structure and mission: to create value for our customers, employees and communities where we operate. As a privately owned cooperative, we take a long-term view in our client relationships, and reinvest our profits our business and our communities.
Today, Rabobank is an “all finance” provider, with a complete set of financial services for wholesale and retail clients around the world. Throughout our century of growth, we have maintained our focus on food and agriculture, and are recognized around the world as the premier bank to the global agriculture industry — the “financial link in the global food chain” — thanks to our extensive experience, worldwide presence, and deep knowledge of agriculture.
In North America, we provide a full array of corporate banking services to food and agribusiness firms in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, as well as sophisticated, customer-driven solutions in the capital markets and corporate finance arenas. Our retail bank in California serves individuals and businesses in communities across the state, and our U.S. agricultural lender finances farmers nationwide. Outside the U.S., we help finance farmers in Canada and Mexico via joint ventures in those countries.
Other Rabobank companies in the Americas provide leasing, equipment financing, asset and investment management, and real estate investment and development.
The purpose of the Vice President, Metals & Minerals, North America position (RM) is to represent Rabobank to prospects and clients active in the Metals & Minerals commodity sector. The RM will be responsible for marketing TCF products to prospects and clients active in the ferrous and non-ferrous metals commodity sector. The RM will focus on providing client/deal origination, structuring expertise and relationship management for a range of clients and transactions. Client requirements are typically dominated by short term transactional linked and secured TCF products/services such as LC, Borrowing Base, Structured Inventory Products and Advance Facilities together with longer term products such as pre-export/prepayment facilities and (structured) Asset Backed Finance.
• Proactively manage assigned client accounts to assure: 1) complete understanding of client’s business 2) adequate utilization or increases of established facilities and 3) cross-sell of RI products and buy-in of TCF products.
• Prospect new relationships and new business opportunities in coordination with Head of TCF Metals, Americas and Global Head;
• Working in tandem with credit analysts to presents cost/revenue/solvency worthy, credit risk appropriate business opportunities to the organization for structure, execution and distribution.
• Understand the legal and regulatory framework within RI operates, including adequate knowledge and hands-on approach with regards to all major risk categories (e.g. operational, performance, market, legal, country, political and currency);
• Maintain constructive working relationships with counterparts within Rabobank (e.g. credit, legal, compliance, CSG, other TCF desks etc.);
• Communicate, create, share and use knowledge within TCF (local and global);
• Takes initiative to ensure successful conclusion of transactions, including as necessary the negotiation and documentation
• Multi-year (+5 years) experience in commodity trade finance;
• Extensive direct exposure and accountability for client relationships;
• Experience working with clients in USA, Canada and Mexico;
• Excellent credit and commercial skills;
• Good writing and negotiation skills.
• BS/BA or MBA desirable;
• Formal credit training program;
• At least 5 years of lending experience, including selling traditional lending products as well as cross selling more sophisticated structured trade and commodity finance and corporate finance products;
• Existing roster of commodity trade finance metal clients in North America.
As a cooperative bank, Rabobank builds long-term relationships with our customers and our employees. We are close financial “partners” to our clients, focused on serving their needs. Our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork, with strong commitment to fostering sustainable employee-bank relationships.
Rabobank New York Branch offers a comprehensive benefits program that is among the finest in the industry featuring: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans; Defined Contribution (401k) Plan With Employer Match; Paid Vacation based on position and length of service; Life and Disability Insurance; Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plans; Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Plan; Educational Assistance Program. Also offering Portable Voluntary Benefits including Pet Insurance; Automobile and Homeowner’s Insurance; Cancer Protection Plan; Legal Insurance Plan; Optional Life and Disability Insurance.