Rabobank, N.A. is a fast-growing California community bank that provides personalized service and a full array of quality products to individuals, businesses, organizations and agricultural clients. With nearly 120 retail branches, we serve the needs of communities from Redding to the Imperial Valley through a regional structure that promotes local decision making and active community involvement by our employees. The bank has more than $11 billion in assets with over 1,800 employees.
Rabobank, N.A. is part of the Rabobank Group, which is rated one of the world’s safest banks by Global Finance Magazine. The Rabobank Group is a global financial service provider and the premier lender to the global food and agricultural industry.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Business Banking Officer! The Business Banking Officer provides a full range of banking services to businesses; companies with annual sales of up to $20MM; and loan requests up to $3MM; with emphasis on client contact, sales, and service, taking into account the bank’s interests in acquiring new or handling existing customers, acceptable from a risk/return point of view. Cross-sells a full range of business banking services, such as trust, cash management, etc to present and potential customers. Provides solutions using knowledge of all products and business partners. Cultivates referral sources and generates new business by identifying and building rapport with potential customers. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients, bringing in new relationships, and expanding current / existing portfolio. Risk management is a significant part of the portfolio management.
- Develops prospects from self sourced leads and may include existing customers, referral leads, bank partners and other sources
- Managing the portfolio from a balanced perspective on sales, efficiency and risk.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information on banking services such as deposit accounts, lending, cash management and investment services.
- Determines prospects/customers' financial needs, and present solutions to sell bank services. Is responsible for timely and adequate preparation of annual reviews and recommendation to the appropriate decision making bodies within the bank.
- Frequent contact with customer to ascertain additional financial needs, to ensure service satisfaction and to obtain referrals.
- Prospect and acquire new business and consumer clients in accordance with bank’s profit objectives.
- Performs such functions as outbound prospecting calls, conducting prospect/customer interviews, facilitating credit requests from application to boarding, opening depository accounts, referring prospects to other business units and cross-selling other bank services.
- Active involvement in local civic and nonprofit organizations to promote goodwill, bank’s commitment to the communities it serves and to support bank’s CRA objectives.
- Contacts customers and businesses, community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or High School Diploma with minimum of Three years progressively responsible experience in a similar lending environment or financial institution.
- Specific expertise in credit decisions and understanding of credit risk thresholds, and manage credit risk.
- Must demonstrate understanding of all Retail Branch Sales products, policies, disclosures, and procedures. Builds an environment that fosters teamwork and enhances task accomplishment through positive and supportive cooperation. Places goals of company foremost when interacting with others at all levels. Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally. Makes clear, concise presentations and demonstrates effective listening skills. Conveys necessary ideas and information to others.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of bank services and trained in referring customers to the appropriate department for handling customer's specialized needs such as mortgage, all credit requests in excess of $ 1 million, and cash management services. Must be able to manage daily activities in accordance with achieving assigned annual goals
- Must possess the ability to train and mentor others effectively. Effective use of consultative selling to acquire and manage new banking relationships.
- Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
Bank specific systems: Tableau, Baker Hill, Harland, Core-Trac, Metavante, Synergy, FIS, & Doc-imaging, or similar type systems.
Must be able to travel throughout bank’s footprint to perform required duties ( more than 75%)
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application and/or submit your resume.