Rabobank, N.A. is a fast-growing California community bank that provides personalized service and a full array of quality products to individuals, businesses, organizations and agricultural clients. With nearly 120 retail branches, we serve the needs of communities from Redding to the Imperial Valley through a regional structure that promotes local decision making and active community involvement by our employees. The bank has more than $11 billion in assets with over 1,800 employees.
Rabobank, N.A. is part of the Rabobank Group, which is rated one of the world’s safest banks by Global Finance Magazine. The Rabobank Group is a global financial service provider and the premier lender to the global food and agricultural industry.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Agribusiness Relationship Manager! The Agribusiness Relationship Manager actively develops and participates in a business development program to obtain new loans, deposits, and fee-based business. Cross-sells corporate financial products, including cash management, leasing, and treasury management services with profitability objectives. Works independently and in partnership with Financial Analysts, and/or Relationship Analysts, and oversees underwriting and structuring of loans. Although supported by Analysts, this position is ultimately responsible for credit quality and proper loan structure. Incumbent must understand credit needs of the client, and be able to recommend proper credit structure to meet client’s financial needs. Participates in industry groups and community, civic events to promote Bank products and services. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Basic duties include portfolio management; establishing key relationships; business development; and promotion of the full range of Rabobank’s services and products (i.e.: cash management / treasury products, trust services, swaps, etc).
- Manages existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval and Rabobank, N.A.’s credit policy. Follows existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval. Manages delinquencies at an acceptable level.
- Develops a network of prospective-client referral sources through community and business development activities.
- Effectively represents the Bank while calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business and expand client relationships.
- Interviews applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Bank loans.
- Initiates promotion of other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships.
- Develops close working relationship with other divisional partners such as Retail Banking, Commercial Real Estate, GGLD, Trust Services, Global Financial Markets, Equipment Leasing and Treasury Services.
- Makes credit solution recommendations.
- Responsible for the credit underwriting process.
- Responsible for understanding quality of the credit portfolio.
- Timely recognition and reporting of potential credit issues.
- Ensure the credit has accurate risk grading.
- Works closely with credit administrators, Financial or Relationship Analysts, and other support personnel to assure high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval.
- Reviews and approves annual loan reviews completed by Analysts, and ensures reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Gives financial and counsel to clients and prospective clients on RNA products.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Ag related field preferred plus 1 year of lending experience, or High School Diploma with minimum of 7+ years progressively responsible experience in lending.
- Must be able to negotiate, structure and underwrite loans; make solid credit recommendations; and manage credit risk.
- Valid Driver’s License required or available transportation.
- Proficient with: MS Word and MS Excel.
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer locations and/or commute for training purposes.
Rabobank is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding employees. We offer competitive salaries, bank wide cash bonus plans, generous benefits and a supportive work environment with global career growth potential.
Rabobank is an Equal Opportunity- Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For immediate consideration, please complete an on-line application and/or submit your resume.
Accessibility and EEO:
RNA is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a position or to submit an application, please visit the Accessibility and EEO Page.